You may have seen one, or you may have one! Don’t mistake this as a Conventional Exercise Ball, this is more! Midwives and mothers all over the world praise this simple ball as an effective pregnancy, exercise aid. Although there are specific exercises you can learn, of which we have included, one of the main advantages of using a birthing ball in pregnancy is that you don’t have to do anything exceptional. Sitting and moving around on the ball while you are at your desk or watching TV will gently exercise your pelvic muscles, increase mobility and will help you to naturally develop good posture.
Read these benefits of the simple birthing ball. You will be amazed at what you read.
1) Incredibly effective for helping your baby settle into an ‘optimal foetal position’ - the best position for birth! Especially in the last weeks of pregnancy, you can effect the way your baby lies. Sitting on the ball at a desk or table, with your legs comfortably apart, raises your hips higher than your knees and also encourages you to lean slightly forward from your hips. In the latter stages of your pregnancy it will help to enable the babies back to roll into the curve of your belly and encourage the head to ‘engage’
2) Kneeling and rocking over the ball is great practice for labour and is also ideal for massage and relaxation.
3)The softness of the ball, compared to an ordinary chair, absorbs your weight and helps to prevent and relieve lower back pain. We are always amazed by ladies faces when they sit on the ball
4) What a perfect time to do your pelvic floor exercises. Sitting on the ball is the perfect place.
5) Gentle rolling motion when you sit on the ball encourages pelvic mobility and gently tones your internal and external pelvic muscles.
6) The soft rounded contour of the ball is amazingly comfortable and easy to use - much more so than a chair or bed.
7) The ball provides you with perfect support for labour and birth positions.
8) Contractions tend to be less painful than if you were lying down.
9) It’s easier for your uterus to do its work.
10) The ball allows you to move freely and go with the flow of contractions. The rhythmic circular movements dissipate the pain and give you something to focus on.
11) Moving on the ball helps your breathing to flow more evenly. This encourages the free expression of sound, a natural way to modify pain. It also sends more oxygen to your baby and helps to prevent foetal distress.
12) You can use the ball for postnatal exercise, to help firm and tone your hips, buttocks, thighs and abdomen - not forgetting that all important pelvic floor. We have enclosed a full exercise package
Look for a dual action pump to be included; you don't want to be pumping up all day. A soft, wipe clean, PVC material is tactile and warm to the touch. Make sure you have the correct size, depending on your height. Check it is not a conventional exercise ball! Use the highest quality, anti-burst, non-slip material to ensure that you’re always safe and secure when on the ball. Even if by accident it does get punctured, it won’t burst like a balloon. The air seeps out slowly so you’re always safe.
For the ultimate exercise/birthing ball package visit www.themiraclebox.co.uk
How to work against Cellulite – a question probably 95% of females all over the world ask themselves…but how can it be done?
Hay fever, also known as seasonal allergic rhinitis, can affect up to one in four people in the UK
Statistics released by the Government’s ‘Be Real’ campaign highlighted that 87% of girls aged 11-21 think that women are judged more on their appearance than on their ability.
A recent study has now uncovered that consuming the oil may have potential benefits that go well beyond helping us to slim down however…
“Going vegan helped me gain a healthy relationship with food, which ultimately made me want to recover,”
Preventing injury through nutrition
The vitamins and minerals to add to your routine
Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Walnut Oil – the three oils at the top of the healthy oil food chain will go head-to-head to finally see which one comes out on top.
Xercise4Less is celebrating this month after been given the go ahead to develop a new range of services for the brand, giving life to a new career for the working mum.
Healthy weight as a vegan is not exclusive to adults.