With less than three weeks to go until the World Athletics Awards 2019, the IAAF is delighted to announce the five finalists for the 2019 Female Rising Star Award to recognise this year's best U20 athlete.
The winner will be announced live on stage at the World Athletics Awards 2019 in Monaco on Saturday 23 November.
The nominees are:
Britany Anderson (JAM)
- broke the world U20 record in the 100m hurdles, clocking 12.71
Lemlem Hailu (ETH)
- world U20 lead at 1500m with 4:02.97
- 1500m bronze medallist at African Games
- semi-finalist at the IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019
Yaroslava Mahuchikh (UKR)
- broke world U20 record in the high jump with 2.04m
- silver medallist at the IAAF World Athletics Championships Doha 2019
- European U20 champion
Glenda Morejon (ECU)
- world U20 best in the 20km race walk, clocking 1:25:29
- world U20 lead and South American U20 record in the 10km race walk with 43:04
Sha’Carri Richardson (USA)
- world U20 100m record with 10.75
- world U20 200m record with 22.17
- NCAA 100m champion
The final event of the GKA Kite-Surf season saw sparks fly on the water as Prea delivered four days of perfect strapless freestyle conditions and sensational action last week.