|- contributed by Joey Atlas of http://www.lowerbodymakeover.com|
VERY IMPORTANT – As with all exercise programs – check with your physician before starting this program, as not all exercises are suited for everyone. Your personal abilities and conditions, if any, will dictate what you can or can’t do.
Article and copyright provided by Joey Atlas, top personal trainer and fitness expert. For more exciting workouts and information please visit his site at: www.lowerbodymakeover.com NOW!
This 10 minute home exercise routine for women can be repeated 2 or 3 times, for a 20 or 30 minute workout – depending on your abilities, schedule and goals.
1. Only judge this program after you have done it faithfully for at least 3 – 4 weeks. Do not judge it by simply thumbing through it. After 3 or 4 weeks you’ll see what I mean.
2. Please forward this on by sharing this great home workout with anyone you know who may appreciate or benefit from it. This workout is suitable for many ages and levels of physical ability – as it requires no weights or machines.
3. After you start getting some results with this program don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know how you got on.
1) From your hand and knees. Put your left leg back letting your toes touch the ground. Lift the left leg straight up (concentrate on squeezing the glutes and pause slightly at the top). Bring the leg back down let the toes touch. Note Point the toes towards you or in a neutral position. Do 8 – 10 reps on each side. IMPORTANT – Move Slowly.
|2) Start position shown below left. Lift your left knee off the ground and move it to the chest. Then extend the leg straight back and up. Focus on the muscles that you are using, pausing slightly at the top. Return to the start/finish. Do 8 – 10 reps on each side. IMPORTANT – Move Slowly.|
3) Start/Finish position shown below left. Extend your arms out for support. Raise your hips (below right) and squeeze/contract your glutes while pausing at the top. Return to the starting position. Do 8 – 10 reps on each side. IMPORTANT – Move Slowly.
4) Start/Finish position shown below (top). Raise your right leg, hips and butt off the ground together. Return to the start/finish position. At the top position your body should form a straight line as shown below (bottom). Do 8 – 10 reps on each side. IMPORTANT – Move Slowly.
|5) Touch Down - Start by standing on the right leg. Then reach forward with the left hand while moving the left leg straight back - and touch the floor in front of you with your left hand (see below). Bring the left leg back to the start position (first photo). Note: Make sure that the leg on the ground is doing most of the work. MOVE SLOWLY for 8 -10 reps each side.|
|6) Natural Squat - Stand with your feet shoulder width apart and pointed out about an inch or two. Squat until your hamstrings touch your calves (if you can). Then raise up to the Start/Finish position – knees slightly bent at top. MOVE SLOWLY for 8 – 10 repetitions.|
7) Step-Up (Use a stool 12-16" high, or staircase) Start with both feet on step. Step backward till the left foot touches the floor. Come back up by pushing off VERY lightly with the left foot, the leg on the stool should be doing most of the work, complete the move by just touching the top of the step lightly. MOVE SLOWLY for 8 – 10 repetitions per side.
8) Lunge with a touchdown – Start with both feet even. Step forward with the left foot while your right hand is reaching for the floor (see below right). When returning. Move your upper body up first then follow through pushing up with the left leg. MOVE SLOWLY for 8 – 10 repetitions per side.
NOTES: going through these 8 exercises one time through should take you about 10 minutes with little rest between sets. If you find it easy the first time through – try going through it a second time, if you have more time, of course. This mini workout can be done 2 – 4 times per week – with one day between each workout.
Copyright (C) 2009 Joey Atlas. All rights reserved.
How to work against Cellulite – a question probably 95% of females all over the world ask themselves…but how can it be done?
Hay fever, also known as seasonal allergic rhinitis, can affect up to one in four people in the UK
Statistics released by the Government’s ‘Be Real’ campaign highlighted that 87% of girls aged 11-21 think that women are judged more on their appearance than on their ability.
A recent study has now uncovered that consuming the oil may have potential benefits that go well beyond helping us to slim down however…
“Going vegan helped me gain a healthy relationship with food, which ultimately made me want to recover,”
Preventing injury through nutrition
The vitamins and minerals to add to your routine
Coconut Oil, Olive Oil and Walnut Oil – the three oils at the top of the healthy oil food chain will go head-to-head to finally see which one comes out on top.
Xercise4Less is celebrating this month after been given the go ahead to develop a new range of services for the brand, giving life to a new career for the working mum.
Healthy weight as a vegan is not exclusive to adults.
It's that time of year where everyone's making New Year resolutions to be fit and healthy and Xercise4Less' fitness guru, The Colonel is giving his tips and advice to help see them through.
Just now before Xmas, people often eat loads of cookies, chocolates, cakes and biscuits and all of that other scrummy stuff....but we all know the old saying: one moment on the lips forever on the hips...So we have compiled a delicious, low calorie and fast recipe to try at home...Nana's pea and mint soup. Bon Appetite!