World champions England are searching for their first clean sweep since 2012 and they will be buoyed by the fact that they have defeated the Irish in their last three meetings.
They have been by far the more prolific of the two teams, scoring 30 tries to Ireland's 11 and can boast seven of the ten top points scorers in this year's competition in their ranks.
Middleton said: "We have put ourselves in a position to realise our Six Nations ambitions of winning the Championship but we're under no illusions of how difficult the task will be.
"Ireland have had a great competition so far, showing immense resilience to win four tough games.
"It promises to be a fantastic end to the tournament and we are confident that come Friday we will be as ready as we can to win our first Grand Slam in five years."
The one alteration to the team that defeated Scotland 64-0 at the Twickenham Stoop last week sees Bristol winger Amy Wilson Hardy return on the left wing in place of Lydia Thompson.
After scoring a Championship-record seven tries against the Scots, Kay Wilson not surprisingly retains her place on the other wing, while Laura Keates has been named on the bench, with Sarah Bern making way.
England Women team to play Ireland Women
15. Danielle Waterman (Bristol)
14. Amy Wilson Hardy (Bristol)
13. Emily Scarratt (Lichfield)
12. Amber Reed (Bristol)
11. Kay Wilson (Richmond)
10. Emily Scott (Saracens)
9. La Toya Mason (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks)
1. Rochelle Clark (Worcester Valkyries)
2. Amy Cokayne (Lichfield)
3. Justine Lucas (Lichfield)
4. Tamara Taylor (Darlington Mowden Park Sharks)
5. Harriet Millar-Mills (Lichfield)
6. Alex Matthews (Richmond)
7. Marlie Packer (Bristol)
8. Sarah Hunter (Bristol) (c)
16. Vicky Fleetwood (Saracens)
17. Vickii Cornborough (Aylesford Bulls)
18. Laura Keates (Worcester Valkyries)
19. Poppy Cleall (Bristol)
20. Izzy Noel-Smith (Bristol)
21. Bianca Blackburn (Worcester Valkyries)
22. Rachael Burford (Aylesford Bulls)
23. Lydia Thompson (Worcester Valkyries)
– but the sailors praise the new boats